Residential Heat Pumps
Heat Pump Installation
Ben’s Refrigeration specialise in residential heat pumps and domestic heat-pumps installations and maintenance throughout Auckland.
We stock only the best heat pumps and can provide a free onsite or over-the-phone quote based on your unique requirements and budget.
Heat Pump Maintenance
Like all heating and cooling systems, proper maintenance is key to efficient operation. The difference between the energy consumption of a well-maintained heat pump and a severely neglected one ranges from 10% to 25%.
Most manufacturers recommend an annual maintenance check from a qualified technical for warranty purposes. At Bens, our standard heat pump maintenance includes:
- Inspection of ducts, filters, blower, and indoor coil for dirt and other obstructions
- Diagnosis and sealing of any duct leakage
- Verification of adequate airflow by measurement
- Verification and correction of refrigerant charge by measurement
- Check for refrigerant leaks
- Inspection of electric terminals, and, if necessary, cleaning and tightening of connections, and application nonconductive coating
- Lubrication of motors, and inspect belts for tightness and wear
- Verification of correct electric control, making sure that heating is locked out when the thermostat calls for cooling and vice versa
- Verification and correction of thermostat operation.
Heat Pump Services
- Residential Heat Pumps
Feel free to contact us anytime on 09 212 8674 for an non-obligation free quote on upgrading or installation a new heat pump or if you have any maintenance related question.